Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Acid Reflux and Allergies

The following is an unsolicited testimony on the efficacy of the Young's pH Miracle Living Plan.

Dear Dr. P.,

You know I had to quit my heavy weight
training back in 2000, because I tore (I think), or maybe just exacerbated, a Hiatal Hernia (Mom's family all have it as they get older).
The result of the Hiatal Hernia is moderate to severe Acid Reflux.

My doctor NEVER told me to lose weight, he just put me on Nexium. It was terrifically expensive, so he changed me to Prevaid.

It was only slightly less ridiculously expensive.
When Prilosec OTC went on sale over-the-counter, I stopped the prescription brands and went to Prilosec OTC. On principle alone, three dollars a pill is an insult.

I dropped my weight (my idea), because I knew it would relieve some of the Acid Reflux Symptoms, such as esophageal scarring and bronchial spasms. I was not only having difficulty swallowing, but with breathing in spite of all of the medication.

THEN... I read that ALL of the Proton Pump Inhibitors, such as Prilosec, Nexium, et al, had been shown to drastically interfere with Calcium uptake, with resultant increases in bone fractures, even in men. This was TERRIBLE news, because I was "barely making it" even with the high powered medications, Benedryl, and a host of other medications. Read more...

Ayurtox for Body Detoxification

No comments: